(‘Auctioneers‘); means SaturdayAuction including its employees and agent(s) who act in every respect relating to the vendors goods.
(‘Vendors‘); means the person(s) or organisation consigning to or leaving such goods with the Auctioneers for the purpose of sale thereof.
(‘Buyer‘); means the registered person(s) who place prospective bids in order to purchase items / lots within the auction.
APPLYING TO BUYERS;
All lots are sold as shown, with all faults, imperfections and errors of description and the Auctioneers shall not be liable for and do not accept responsibility for the authenticity, genuineness, date, age, period or condition or quality of any lot,. In bidding, the Buyer accepts the lot as shown, and the Auctioneers shall not be liable for errors of description express or implied as to any of these matters.
- Prospective Buyer(s) must, before commencement of the sale, register their full name, postal address and contact number(s) with the Auctioneers (proof of I.D. is required).
- In making any bid or commission bid the prospective Buyer acknowledges that his/her attention has been drawn to these terms and conditions and that he/she agrees to be bound by them.
- The highest bidder at the fall of the gavel shall be the Buyer.
- The advance of bidding shall be regulated by the Auctioneers who reserve the right to refuse any bid.
- The Auctioneers reserve the right of absolute discretion in all disputes concerning the conduct of any sale and to re-offer, either immediately or in a future auction, any disputed lot.
- In the case of lots upon which the Vendor has imposed a reserve the Auctioneers shall have the right to bid on behalf of the Vendor.
- A commission at the rate of 10% of the hammer price or £1.00 whichever is the higher is due to the Auctioneers for their own retention. Title of ownership of any lot shall not pass to the Buyer until he/she has made payment to the Auctioneers of the full hammer price together with the Auctioneers commission by way of cash or debit card. Please note; we do not accept credit cards.
If instructed the Auctioneers will execute bids and advise prospective Buyers. This service is free. Lots will always be purchased as cheaply as is allowed by other bids and reserves. In the event of identical bids, the sale room bid will take precedence. There must always be a maximum limit indicated. ‘Buy’ or unlimited bids will not be accepted. All bids are accepted exclusive of Auctioneers commission.
Removal & Payment
No lots may be removed without payment of the full hammer price together with the Auctioneers commission. All lots are at the risk of the Buyer after his/her highest bid has been accepted by the Auctioneers. All lots must be removed at the risk and expense of the Buyer by 3pm on the day of the sale, in default of which the goods will be removed and stored at a charge of £15 per week per lot, plus any transport costs. The Auctioneers shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever while the goods are in their or their agents’ custody. In the event of any breach of these conditions by the Buyer the Auctioneers reserve the right to re-sell any lot / goods without further notice by public or private sale and any loss arising from such sale together with all charges and expenses shall be made good by the defaulter. The Buyer shall be charged interest on any account unpaid for more than 7 days from the date of sale at the rate of 8% per month or part month, this will be in addition to the aforementioned storage and transportation costs. No lot / goods are to be removed during the sale without being previously paid for.
APPLYING TO VENDORS;
The Vendor covenants to indemnify and hold safe the Auctioneers in relation to any loss or damage to any third party howsoever caused arising from but not limited to defect or inaccurate information supplied regarding his/her goods entered for sale. Further, by entering such goods for sale the Vendor confirms that he / she is the legal unencumbered owner of said goods and is legally entitled to sell / dispose of them. The Auctioneers accept no responsibly for any loss or damage however occasioned to the Vendors goods.
Auctioneers Commission & Fees
The Auctioneers commission is charged to the Vendor at the rate of 10% of the hammer price or £1.00 whichever is the higher. There is a lotting fee of £1 per lot to cover handling, cataloguing and marketing, this is charged whether the item(s) sell or not and is non negotiable.
All goods shall be subject to the absolute discretion of the Auctioneers as to their suitability for sale “saleable”, or not fit for sale “un-saleable”, in either case the decision of the Auctioneers is final.
Reserves must be confirmed in writing prior to the sale otherwise the Auctioneers will not be responsible for the application of reserves. Reserves will not be accepted on any item/lot deemed by the Auctioneers to be of a value less than £25 (twenty five pounds), items/lots deemed below this value will be sold regardless of estimate.
Remittance to the Vendor normally takes place up to 14 (fourteen) days after the day of the sale and sent by Royal Mail in the form of a cheque. The Vendor can receive payment direct to his/her bank account by providing the appropriate bank details to the Auctioneer within 7 days of the sale. The Auctioneers act as agents and are thus not liable for any default by the Buyer. The Auctioneers will pay the net proceeds of the sale of the Vendors items provided that the Auctioneers have been paid by the Buyer. The Auctioneers shall be entitled to withhold any monies due to the Vendor to set off against any liability of the Vendor to the Auctioneers.
APPLYING TO ALL;
Third party liability; The Auctioneers shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever or however occasioned to or sustained by any person(s), property or belongings during the process of house/property clearance, storage, public viewing at the auction sale, or before, during or after the auction sale itself, however the same may arise.